Please Insert Your Resume/Credentials/Projects as You See Fit. Hyperlinks to profiles on other sites are not accepted since prospects looking for professionals with your skills would not be able to find you. Also add University and Associations If You'd Like to Reconnect with Friends
Seasoned Real Estate Asset/Property Manager with extensive, proactive hands-on experience with all facets of property, asset, portfolio, and project management.
Experience encompasses all asset types including office, multifamily, mixed use, retail and industrial in major and secondary markets throughout the United States.
Proven track record in achieving above market performance and value enhancement with underutilized and underperforming real estate. Broad experience spanning several market and economic cycles. Successfully guided and implemented property repositionings during periods of great economic and financial instability and volatility.Commercial & Multifamily Real Estate Value Add and Repositioning Specialist
Disciplined institutional experience and entrepreneurial vision.
Development and Hands on Implementation of Commercial Real Estate Revitalization Initiatives, Real Estate Property Evaluations,Reinvestment option assessments, Investment Advisory, Requisite property Analysis,
Available to assist and advise investors targeting all types and classes of United States Commercial Real Estate
GREENWICH GROUP INTERNATIONAL/TERRA CAPITAL PARTNERS New York,NY 3/07 to 3/08
Managing Director Asset Management
• Responsible for the Portfolio and Asset Management functions of a $1.1 billion foreign owned US REIT largely GSA portfolio comprised of 33 properties totaling 6 mm sf of Class A Office and Industrial space located throughout the US.
• Assisted in sourcing and underwriting due diligence for mezzanine and permanent loan placements. Performed Project viability, Redevelopment Plan and requisite site and market evaluations and analysis.
COLLEGIATE CHURCH CORPORATION, New York, NY 4/99 - 12/06
Director of Real Estate
• Developed, Planned and implemented to completion the comprehensive rehabilitation, repositioning and capital improvement of the endowments’ core properties, 6 underperforming Class B & C Office Buildings and Mixed use Subway complex buildings located on Broadway, Fulton and John Streets in the NY Downtown Financial District.
• Improved value which resulted in the subsequent sale of two buildings at significant gains, and maximized value and equity of the remainder
• Project managed all aspects, coordinating and managing construction, negotiated tenant renewals, relocations, and expansions while simultaneously revamping daily operations management of Marketing, Leasing, and Building operations functions implementing new operational, security, fire and life safety programs. Buildings at near full occupancy with substantial deferred maintenance, code and physical deficiencies and involved over 300 tenants.
J.E. ROBERT COMPANY INVESTMENT ADVISORY GROUP, Stamford, CT 4/92–12/98
Senior Asset Manager
• Responsible for the Management, Value enhancement and Strategic Disposition of FDIC, principal and private client Real Estate acquired in bulk underperforming Loan servicing and acquisitions. Performed extensive pre purchase Real Estate Asset/Loan acquisition underwriting and market due diligence, real estate valuations, exit strategy development and financial modeling.
• Managed 3 MM SF of underperforming investment grade and distressed commercial income producing properties, from suburban and CBD office buildings, retail centers, apartments, to partially developed land.
• Added value and directly negotiated the sale of 20 "unmarketable" distressed commercial and residential properties. Stabilized and repositioned several retail, office and problematic partially completed mixed use and residential condominium complexes. Negotiated the obtainment of required unanimous consent for change in development site plan, use, and secured approvals. Sold all remaining units and subsequent bulk sale of development rights.
CITICORP REAL ESTATE, INC., New York, NY 5/91-4/92
Asset Manager, Vice President
• Responsible for the asset management, leasing and positioning for sale of acquired non-performing real estate in the Midwest region, primarily Class A suburban and CBD Office Buildings and Multifamily Properties Stabilized and added value through improved management, leasing and operations efficiencies, positioned assets for sale identifying lease-up and value enhancement opportunities where attainable in the short term. Worked in tandem with Loan Workout groups on exit strategy development, due diligence and market/property evaluations for projected foreclosures, developing cash flow models for acquisition and disposition.
TIAA / CREF, New York, NY 6/90-5/91
Senior Real Estate Asset Manager
• Responsible for the investment management and value enhancement of 1.5 MM square feet of suburban and CBD office and industrial property located in the Southwest and New York including the 620,000 SF Seagram Building and the 30 Story, 570,000 SF First Oklahoma Tower. Also assigned to lease up and manage 198,000 SF of Class A suburban office space located in Oklahoma City, a market with a 35 % vacancy rate and five consecutive years of negative absorption.
• Leased 67,000 SF in a 12-month period, and negotiated renewals at above market terms retaining 100% of existing tenants while reducing operating costs.
MERRILL LYNCH HUBBARD, New York, NY 4/83-6/90
Senior Asset Manager – AVP
• Responsible for the leasing, operations and management of $500 MM of investment grade real estate held in sponsored growth and income limited partnerships. Managed real estate comprised of a diverse mix of commercial property types located in a variety of markets nationwide. Maintained, repositioned, and improved value under a wide range of market conditions consistently producing operating results above budget expectations.
• Directed and completed several large scale capital improvement projects at below budget and market costs. Assigned portfolio consisted of 720,000 SF of Class A investment grade office space, 665 luxury high-rise apartments, 1,274 garden style residential units’ properties, and 800,000 SF of Industrial and Retail space.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
• FAIRFIELD UNIVERSITY, Fairfield, CT BA
• INSTITUTE OF REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT, CPM
• BUILDING OWNERS MANAGERS INSTITUTE /BOMA
1089 fFort Salonga Rd
Northport, NY 11768
(631) 239-1961 firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks, David! Look forward to networking with you. I'll be in NYC at the INM "US Real Estate Opportunity & Private Fund Investing Forum" on Thursday and Friday. I'll be at the Crown Realty Advisors booth if you're attending.
Thanks for your interest in this group and welcome your participation! I've included my LinkedIn profile so you can read more about what I do and if you use Twitter I have 2 accounts: DarkBank & nnn1031. Best number is my cell 617-549-5154 and email email@example.com
Look forward to networking with you going forward!
Interesting background David, it would be better if you could add your company website under "affiliation". Also if you'd like your picture to show, please add it to your profile specifically where asked for (not with other more general photos of listings, projects etc)